Partner Visa Australia

Contact for free consultation

When it comes to getting an Australian partner Visa, the process isn’t as easy as most people think. Even if there are online portals trying to make you feel at ease, you do not know the process that goes into it. Right from arranging for the right documents, putting in signatures, paying the right fees, etc. and all of this can make you take multiple rounds of the offices while making you waste money each time.What makes you eligible for a Partner visa?

To make all of that easy for you and your partner, Global Visa help is the right place for you to be. Before we emphasise on the process of getting the partner Visa, the first thing that needs to be kept in mind is that you have to be either ‘married’ or in a ‘de-facto relationship’ with your partner who is an Australian citizen, a permanent resident of Australia or is eligible for citizenship of New Zealand.

Understanding the basics of a Partner Visa

When you apply for a Partner visa in Australia, you should be aware of the fact that you cannot immediately start working or study almost immediately in any organisation or institution in Australia respectively unless you already have an existing permit for the same. Once your existing Visa expires, you are eligible for work and study once the Bridging Visa A or Bridging Visa B is applicable. If that is not the case, you would be receiving a temporary Partner Visa, and that would allow you to be employed or study at any institute of your choice. During this time, you cannot apply for any grants or scholarships unless you receive the permanent Visa (subclass 100 and 801).

How does Global Visa Help come to the picture?

While this may seem a complicated process for those who are new to it, it isn’t so when we are around to help you with Partner Visa in NSW. We help you prepare the documents, help you with the submission of the application and then you receive it in no time. While several think that it would cost heaps to hire a migration agent, here is what we have to tell you. If you do it yourself, there are high chances of it getting rejected especially when you aren’t aware of the right submission procedure and then make several rounds while also wasting money each time. We have been doing it for years, and we know exactly what goes into submitting the application for a Partner Visa.

A Quick Overview of the Eligibility Criteria for Partner Visa

While discussed at the beginning, there are two methods that make you eligible for a Partner Visa in Australia – the de jure relationship (Being Married) and the de facto relationship. Here is a quick walkthrough to allow you to know more about each of it and whether you fit into any one of these categories.

The De Jure relationship (Legally Married)

When you apply for a partner Visa in Australia, there is need to be legally bound in marriage to your partner who is also likely to be your sponsor. If you intend to apply for the Visa outside Australia, you need to either be already married or plan to get married legally in the days to come. If you have been married in another country outside Australia, the documents are acceptable and valid under the Australian Law. With this, there are a few exceptions where underage marriages, same-sex marriages and polygamous marriages aren’t acceptable to the Australian Law.

While all these are essentials to be followed to be eligible for a Partner Visa, here are a few more things that you are to take heed of.

  • An eligible person should be your sponsor
  • You are to be legally married to your sponsor/partner
  • Show proof that the both of you have mutual commitment to the shared life
  • Prove that you both share a genuine relationship
  • Give proof of both residing together and if separate then only on a temporary basis.
  • Meet health requirements as per the law

The De Facto Relationship

This is almost as that of the De Jure relationship, and the only difference here is that since you aren’t married to your partner, you have to ensure that you have been in the relationship for at least a year.

The checklist of the documents that go into submitting the application

We being a team of experienced professionals helping our clients file the application for partner Visa in Australia, here is the list of documents that the law is in need of to approve of the permit.

  • A certified copy of your marriage certificate issued by the governing body(for De Jure relationship). No wedding cards are acceptable by the immigration office as that can be printed anywhere and aren’t legally stamped and a proof that shows that you and your partner have been in a de facto relationship for a minimum of 12 months.
  • The 47SP Application for Migration to Australia by a Partner
  • 40SP Sponsorship for a Partner to Migrate to Australia (coming from your partner who is also your sponsor)
  • 956 Advice by a Migration Agent that would be coming from our end
  • 4 passport sized photographs of you and 2 of your partner/sponsor
  • Signed and stamped copies of your passport and other documents
  • Identity proof
  • Proof of Australian citizenship of your partner/sponsor and is aged over 18 years
  • A declaration from two Australian residents that prove that the bot of your are in a stable relationship
  • Certified copies of death certificate or divorce certificate for previous marriages
  • Health certificates
  • 47A Details of Child or Other Dependent Family Member Aged 18 Years or Over (if there is a child or other dependents coming along with you)
  • Australian National Police Check or overseas police certificate depending on the need for it
  • While you furnish all of these documents to us and we file an application along with the required application fees, there is nothing that can reject your application.

    So get in touch with us today!